Metro is unique among the nation’s transportation agencies. We serve as transportation planner and coordinator, designer, builder and operator for one of the country’s largest, most populous counties. More than 9.6 million people – nearly one-third of California’s residents – live, work and play within our 1,433-square-mile service area.
To provide a world-class transportation system that enhances quality of life for all who live, work and play within LA County.
Metro’s vision is composed of three elements:
- Increased prosperity for all by removing mobility barriers;
- Swift and easy mobility throughout LA County, anytime; and
- Accommodating more trips through a variety of high-quality mobility options.
Safety: We commit to ensure that our employees, passengers and the general public’s safety is always our first consideration.
Service Excellence: We commit to provide safe, clean, reliable, on-time, courteous service for our clients and customers.
Workforce Development: We commit to make Metro a learning organization that attracts, develops, motivates and retains a world-class workforce.
Fiscal Responsibility: We commit to manage every taxpayer and customer-generated dollar as if it were coming from our own pocket.
Innovation and Technology: We commit to actively participate in identifying best practices for continuous improvement.
Sustainability: We commit to reduce, re-use and recycle all internal resources and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Integrity: We commit to rely on the professional ethics and honesty of every Metro employee.
Teamwork: We commit to actively blend our individual talents to achieve world-class performance and service.
Core Business Goals
- Provide high-quality mobility options that enable people to spend less time traveling.
- Deliver outstanding trip experiences for all users of the transportation system.
- Enhance communities and lives through mobility and access to opportunity.
- Transform LA County through regional collaboration and national leadership.
- Provide responsive, accountable and trustworthy governance within the Metro organization.