Our top priority is the safety of our riders and employees. The System Security and Law Enforcement Department is working continuously to keep your trip safe.
Safety and security programs
Learn more about what Metro is doing in the following areas:
- Reimagining public safety: Engaging the community on the reimagining of public safety on Metro with our transit Public Safety Advisory Committee
- Homeless Outreach: providing outreach services and resources to our unhoused community
- Zero tolerance of sexual harassment and human trafficking awareness programs
How to report an issue
The real eyes and ears of the system are you. To contact Metro Security about an incident (non-emergency) or a safety concern:
- Call: 888.950.SAFE (7233)
- Text: 213.788.2777
- Use the Transit Watch app for smartphone. Learn more here.
In case of an emergency, always call 911.
For general questions: