The TOC Policy goals include:
- Increase transportation ridership and choice.
- Stabilize and enhance communities surrounding transit.
- Engage organizations, jurisdictions and the public.
- Distribute transit benefits to all.
- Capture the value created by transit.
In 2020, the Metro Board adopted the TOC Implementation Plan, which established a series of actions for Metro to carry out directly, or in partnership with others, to realize equitable TOCs. Funding programs like TOC Grant Writing Assistance are opportunities for Metro to partner with local jurisdictions to realize transit oriented communities countywide.
To learn more about eligible activities, applicants and requirements, please review the TOC Grant Writing Assistance Program Guidelines.