Metro Tracks COVID-19 Cases
Metro is working closely with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to closely monitor the coronavirus outbreak as it relates to our employees, contractors and transit system. Below you will find a chart with confirmed cases of COVID-19 among employees and contractors. This information is for the purpose of ensuring safety among employees, contractors and Metro riders. Safety is Metro’s top priority, and staff will continue to closely monitor and record any confirmed positive cases throughout the agency. Metro will not reveal the identities of those who have been listed. The agency respects the privacy of the individuals and their families.
Confirmed Cases: 4473 ( 3314 employees, 614 contractors)
Confirmed Death: 17 ( 15 employees, 2 contractors)
Recovered Cases: 3263 employees
Active Cases: 1193 employees
- Active case count will be updated weekly, each Friday
- Active case count is approximate, at 95% accuracy
* Cases with an asterisk (*) next to the case number are reconciled cases as of June 22, 2022, 4 p.m.
Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
Metro reports confirmed cases involving our employees and contractors. Members of the general public are not included in Metro’s public reporting of COVID-19 cases.
- For Metro’s reporting purposes, a case is considered “confirmed” when an employee gets confirmation from their healthcare provider.
- Employees identified as having close contact (above) are notified and sent home for quarantine/monitoring of symptoms under the care of their personal healthcare provider.
- This document will be updated Sunday through Friday by 6 p.m.