Persons with Disabilities
Apply for a Reduced Fare TAP card and save up to 80% off regular Metro fares.
How much does it cost for Persons with Disabilities?
|LIFE 30-Day Pass (low-income)||$12|
- * Off-Peak rates apply weekdays 9am – 3pm & 7pm – 5am; weekends & Federal holidays.
- *Fare payment with TAP includes 2 hrs of unlimited transfers to Metro rail and bus in one direction (no roundtrips).
- Add’l 60¢ charge for the Silver Line and the Express Bus Lines 460 , 487 , 489 , 501 , 550 , and 577
- Add’l charge for a transfer to non-Metro buses within 2.5 hrs varies by agency.
TAP is a reloadable fare card that offers the most convenient and flexible way to pay your fare on Metro bus and rail. It is also valid for travel with 25 transit agencies across LA County. Load, Tap and Go!
How to get a Reduced Fare TAP card for Persons with Disabilities
Apply in person for a Reduced Fare TAP card
- Apply at a Metro Customer Center.
- Make sure you have proper documentation and an image of yourself in the correct size.
- Persons with Disabilities hard copy application and requirements.
Apply online for a Reduced Fare TAP card
- Gather all the requirements and apply online. Reduced Fare TAP cards will be mailed to eligible applicants within 20 business days after verification has been completed.
- Online Application for People with Disabilities
How to Pay
How to buy a TAP card
A TAP card costs $2 plus fare and includes transfers to Metro rail and bus. For additional TAP questions please visit taptogo.net or call 866.827.8646.
- Buy a regular TAP card online
- Reload, check your balance + expiration date of your TAP card
- Register your TAP card by calling 866.TAPTOGO for:
- Balance protection: If your card is lost or stolen you can recover the balance and transfer it to a new card.
- Ability to transfer a remaining balance from one TAP card to another
- Consolidation of remaining balances from several TAP cards to one
Where to buy/reload a TAP card
- Online at taptogo.net
- By phone 866.TAPTOGO ( 866.827.8646 )
- At over 450 TAP Vendor Locations
- At TAP Vending Machines located at all Metro Rail, Silver Line and Orange Line stations
Pay with Cash
Exact change is accepted on buses that do not have All-Door Boarding. Transfers are not included.
To ride Metro Rail, you must pay with a TAP card.
ALERT: Metro tokens are no longer accepted as payment.
Additional ways for persons with disabilities to save when riding Metro
If you frequently ride Metro in combination with other transit systems, EZ Pass could provide additional savings.
Low Income (LIFE)
Metro’s Rider Relief Program is now the LIFE (Low-Income Fare is Easy) program. Qualifying riders can save even more on fares on Metro and participating transit systems with LIFE benefits.
Employer Annual Pass
Metro offers Employer Annual Pass programs that are a low-cost, high-value benefit and help to reduce stress, improve health and save money.
A shared-ride service for persons with disabilities that serves as a more accessible alternative to using regular bus and light rail services.