GoPass Fareless Pass Program
Students, check the list below to confirm if your school district is participating in GoPass, Metro’s student fareless pass program. If you don’t see your school district listed, fill out the Student Inquiry Form below to help bring GoPass to your school.
The GoPass Program is available to students at participating K-12 schools and community colleges, with a focus on helping students ride transit without the worry of paying fare. With a registered GoPass TAP card, students attending participating schools can ride Metro and other participating systems to and from school, and for trips after school and on weekends.
Have questions? Check out our FAQ’s.
Our top priority is ensuring the safety of our riders. Learn more about riding our system safely here.
Participating School Districts and Transit Partners
If your school district is listed below, contact your school administrator to get your free GoPass TAP card to ride for free.
Your GoPass TAP card will not work until you activate it. If you received a GoPass card from your school, click here to register your card.
Transit partners (As of December 1, 2021)
- City of Commerce
- Culver CityBus
- Foothill Transit
- LA County Shuttles
- LADOT Dash
- Long Beach Transit
- Montebello Bus
- Norwalk Transit
- Pasadena Transit
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
- Torrance Transit
Participating Community Colleges
- Cerritos College
- Compton College
- East LA College (ELAC)
- Long Beach City College
- LA City College
- LA Harbor College
- LA Mission College
- LA Pierce College
- LA Southwest College
- LA Trade and Technical College
- LA Valley College
- Santa Monica College (SMC)
- West LA College (WLAC)
Participating K-12 School Districts (Click here for a full list of participating schools within each district)
- Alliance College Ready Charter Schools
- APEX Academy/Matrix Academy for Success
- Aspire Public Schools
- Birmingham Community Charter High School
- California School of the Arts – San Gabriel Valley (Duarte)
- Camino Nuevo School District
- Cathedral High School
- Centinela Valley Unified
- CHAMPS Charter
- Conservation Corps of Long Beach
- Culver City Unified School District
- Da Vinci RISE High School
- Duarte Unified
- El Camino Real Charter High School
- El Rancho Unified
- Environmental Charter Schools (ECS)
- Episcopal School of Los Angeles
- Gabriella Charter Schools
- Green Dot Charter Schools
- ICEF Public Schools (Charter)
- Intellectual Virtues Academy (IVA) of Long Beach
- Larchmont Charter
- Libertas Charter
- Long Beach Unified
- Los Angeles Academy of the Arts and Enterprise (LAAAE)
- LA Alliance Charter Schools (Charter)
- LA Promise Fund
- Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)
- New Designs Charter Schools
- New West Charter School
- North Valley Military Institute
- Pacoima Elementary Charter School
- Palisades Charter High School (Effective 8/1/2022)
- Para Los Niños
- Paramount Unified
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified
- Scholarship Prep
- Synergy Academics
- TIME Community Schools
- Value Schools
- Vaughn Next Century Learning Centers
- Vox Collegiate
- We the People High School (Charter)
- Whittier Union High School District
- Youth Build Charter Schools
- Youth Policy Institute Charter Schools
K-12 school districts in the process of joining the GoPass Program
- Academia Avance (Charter)
- Basset Unified (La Puente)
- Geffen Academy (UCLA Charter)
- Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACoE)
- Mountain View Elementary
- West Covina Unified
Participating schools and transit partners are being added as the GoPass Program grows. Check back often for the latest information.
How to ride for free with a GoPass TAP card
- Pick a new GoPass TAP card from your participating school.
- Register your new GoPass TAP card online or by calling 866.TAPTOGO. Your card will not work until it is registered.
- Follow the instructions to load a yearly pass onto your GoPass TAP card. Wait 4 hours for your card to be activated, and then tap on a rail gate, rail validator, bus farebox, bus mobile validator, or at any TAP Vending Machine within 30 days, or your pass will not be activated.
- Use your GoPass TAP card to take unlimited rides on Metro and participating partner agencies during the pilot period (through July 31, 2022).
Don’t forget to take a photo of the back of your GoPass TAP card in case it is lost or stolen. You can contact your school administration for a replacement card, and then visit taptogo.net/gopass to activate the new card. Your original TAP card will be deactivated.