How to Pay
TAP is a reloadable fare card that offers the most convenient and flexible way to pay your fare on Metro bus and rail. It is also valid for travel with 25 transit agencies across LA County. Load, Tap and Go! Learn how to TAP.
How to buy a TAP card
A TAP card costs $2 plus fare and includes transfers to Metro rail and bus. For additional TAP questions please visit taptogo.net or call 866.TAPTOGO (866.827.8646).
- Buy a regular TAP card
- Get the TAP app to pay your fare and manage your TAP account, available in the App Store and Google Play
- Reload, check your balance + expiration date of your TAP card
- Register your TAP card by calling 866.TAPTOGO (866.827.8646) for:
- Balance protection: If your card is lost or stolen you can recover the balance and transfer it to a new card.
- Ability to transfer a remaining balance from one TAP card to another
- Consolidation of remaining balances from several TAP cards to one
Where to buy/reload a TAP card
- Online at taptogo.net
- On the TAP app, available in the App Store and Google Play
- By phone at 866.TAPTOGO (866.827.8646)
- At over 450 TAP Vendor Locations
- At TAP Vending Machines located at all Metro Rail, J (Silver) and G (Orange) Line stations
Pay with Cash
Exact change is accepted on buses that do not have All-Door Boarding. Transfers are not included.
To ride Metro Rail, you must pay with a TAP card.
Alert Metro tokens are no longer accepted as payment.
Scroll Spy here