Station Design Projects
What are Metro’s Systemwide Station Design Standards?
To create a quality customer experience, our team works to ensure that all current and future Rail and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) station designs are compliant with Metro’s Systemwide Station Design Standards. The Systemwide Station Design establishes a distinct unified identity for a world-class transit system. By optimizing the layout of station areas, operational equipment, and customer amenities, we strive to:
- Provide a safe, accessible and comfortable Metro experience
- Connect Metro stations to the greater regional transit network
- Orient stations to neighborhood destinations and pedestrian routes
- Improve the durability of Metro’s infrastructure to reduce maintenance
- Support the vision of transit-oriented communities
- Consistent identification signage and branding
- Stainless steel gateway portals
- Modular glass canopies
- Fully integrated led lighting
- Stainless steel columns
What is Metro’s Integrated Station Design Solutions (ISDS) project?
- Bird Abatement
- Communication Equipment
- Electronic Information / Advertising
- ISDS Project Summary
- Operational Equipment
- Safety and Security
- Solar Panels
- Station Surfaces and Materials
- Station Furnishings
White Papers for each element are linked above as they become finalized. The White Papers document the development timeline and process of each proposed design solution. To ensure integration through common materiality, placement, and form with Metro’s Systemwide Station Design Standards the design solutions presented in each White Paper are currently in the process of being adopted into Metro standard documents.
What is Metro’s Transfers Design Guide?
What is Metro’s Elevated Transit Design Guide?
The Elevated Transit Design Guide is a discussion tool to inform planning analysis and design studies for elevated (aerial) rail and bus rapid transit (BRT) stations and transit infrastructure. The Guide aims to help transit professionals and community stakeholders evaluate how elevated transit infrastructure will fit within existing streets and neighborhoods and identify design strategies to deliver transit stations and structures that are well integrated into communities. The Guide builds upon Metro’s Systemwide Station Design Standards to maintain a consistent, state-of-the-art visual identity for the Agency.